We are emerging on the busiest travel day of the year..... Can you believe one year like 20 members of my family drove from Brooklyn to Summerville, South Carolina (that's where we're from) on Thanksgiving Day! It was a looooong damn trip.
We stopped and drove and stopped and you get the picture.... My road trip days via automobile are over for now, but TSA regulations can really put a snag on your airline travel.
I've compiled a few travel tips to ease the wait (oops I mean flight) along... First things first, just because your going to see family, doesn't mean you can't look good. Pack a few must have items of clothing to accentuate a glam look. You never know when your married cousin will invite that cute single co-worker.
Who knows, you may be packing again for Christmas......or planning a New Year's visit. Leave the drama at home... yes we all know Uncle Jr. drinks too much at the dinner table and Aunt Bea gossips too much, but just suck it up for Turkey Day.....
- Get to the airport on time and if possible skip the Bag Check Empty all your pockets and make sure those stiletto boots are outfitted with cute socks/tights for the random screening check. (Feet Up Please...)
- Remember that 3oz. rule, no liquids larger than 3oz. and don't forget the Ziploc bag. Do not get into an altercation with the TSA agent when she takes your 8oz bottle of Bath & Body Works and tosses it.......she is just doing her job (and will probably be smelling nice too courtesy of you). All your fault, you should have read my Favorite Holiday Things post and you would've know better.
- Carry your laptop so you can get your daily dose of Tres Chic Style... And share the blog with your cousin Reesie, you know she likes to "get her hair did." Stop at Target (because their always 20% off at Target) and pick up the latest copies of your favorite Fashion Magazines.
- As always a fashionista must be pampered before the trip, Do the hair/nails & pedicure ritual before you leave.
- While on the plane, jot down at least 5 things in your life your thankful for. At the end of the flight tuck the list in your bag and if anybody works your nerves during the holiday go to the list and it'll help you realize what really matters..... Happy Thanksgiving!
Seasons are better when you're dressed well.... Well they are, seriously!
It's the holiday season and we're ready to take bake cookies, sip cider, get together with friends, wear sparkly holiday dresses and of course SHOP!
If you're a fabulous reader of Tres Chic Style, then you know this is our favorite time of year. While we work on our "12 Chic Days Of Christmas" Gift Guide, we're smelling, sloughing and getting the absolute BEST in Beauty, Fashion and Lifestyle for you.
Stay Tuned... Chic Goodies are on the way and we can hardly wait.
Editor, Tres Chic Style
The Kardashian-Jenner clan is synonomous with fashion, beauty and most of all......Business! Most recently nail color brand Sinful Colors announced a collaboration with Kylie Jenner to jointly create a limited-edition nail color collection. "King Kylie", the first installment of the collection boast twenty luxorious shades of exquisite jewel tones offset by decadent neutrals, preciosu metals and a top coat.
The Deets: The highly curated trendy collection debuted in March 2016 and will only be availble on shelves until August 31, 2016. The SinfulColors Kylie Jenner Collection wil be available at retailers throughout the US and globally including Walmart, Walgreens, Target and others. A full list of retailers are available, here.
Chic Dish: We tried the collection and absolutely adored the sassy hues.The bold shades are affordably priced and definately a summer must-have for your nail color collection.
Details: Tours leave on Saturday mornings from a selected Casino (reservations recommended) on the Las Vegas Strip. The 5 hour tour includes a guided tour to a curated list of Vintage Boutiques. On tour the attendees will receive experts tips on how to thrift and receive style inspiration from Vintage Fashion experts. As attendees shop the boutiques they’ll be treated to treats, exclusive “Tres Chic Vintage” deals & discounts, lunch and a gift bag. Tickets Include Round-Trip Transportation.
Shopping For a Cause: 20% of the proceeds of each ticket reservation will benefit The Tres Chic Foundation.
For additional information, click HERE.
In a Chic Medical Minute: The Negative Effects on Your Health of Working a Desk Job By, Dr. Josh Sandell
- Nic & Zoe Celebrating their 10 year Anniversary, the Nic & Zoe brand is a compilation of wearable pieces for plus size fashionistas.
- Monif C Sassy Maxi's, Jumpsuits and Swimwear for the curvy fashionista with discriminating taste.
- IGIGI The industry leader in plus-size women's dresses.
- Carmakoma Luxurious plus-size clothing for any budget.
- Asos Curve A Curvy Girl's Shopping Wonderland
- Gwynnie Bee Clothing rental subscription service for sizes 10-32
- Ava & Viv Affordable ready to wear selections available at Target
- MissGuided + Spreading Peace, Love & Fashion
- Eloquii Your destination for contemporary fashions sizes 14-24
- Rue 107 Chic & Stylish looks for the trendy fashionista
The luxury brand will include the Solasofia flat into the Spring 16' collection. The gorgeous silhouette will be available in two hues- Nude #1 and Nude #7 and is made of soft nappa leather.
Snag yourself a pair at Christian Louboutin for $595
Tres Chic Style Founder & Editor Kishana L. Holland has been named one of the Top 100 Women of Influence in Las Vegas. This recognition has once again highlighted the amazing work Kishana does in partnership with The Tres Chic Foundation throughout the community of Las Vegas.
The Top 100 Women of Las Vegas are featured in the Spring 2016 issue of My Vegas Magazine.
Snag additional details here or download a digital copy of the magazine here.
Many Congrats to our editor on a job well done!
Earlier this year Mattel announced their plans to shake things up a bit in the world of Barbie. The iconic symbol of American beauty will add curvy, petite and tall dolls to the collection. These dolls will be available in various skin types, eye colors and hairstyles.
The Mattel brand has seen a double digit decline in Barbie in recent years. This may be their last ditch effort to recapture the doll market. The dolls are available for pre-order and will hit store shelves this month.
Thoughts? Is Barbie On to Something?
Would You Purchase?
The gorgeous midnight blue jacquard gown was inspired from Wu's Fall 2016 collection. This is the third time the Canadian raised designer has made an appearance at a state event. We'll never forget the two gorgeous gowns for the Inaugural Balls.
As the dynamic duo (Flotus & Potus) take their final romp around 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. , I'm anxiously looking forward to seeing how Michelle Obama will exit the fashionable platform she has single handedly created. Since stepping out of the Presidential motorcade on a chilly DC morning donning an Isablel Toledo coat and matching dress.... And looking pretty darn Fabulous we might add!
In Tres Chic News: Tres Chic Style Founder & Editor Kishana Holland Nominated as Top 100 Influential Women in Vegas by MyVegas Magazine
In addition to being founder and editor of this fabulous lil' media outlet, I am always afforded the opportunity live my "Best Life" everyday. In addition to my roles as blogger, public relations professional, executive producer, actress and brand strategist, I am also priveleged to pursue my passion for giving back with The Tres Chic Foundation.
My tireless work and efforts to give back to my community has been recognized by a few fab folks in Las Vegas and I have been nominated as one of the Top 100 influential women in Vegas. I am honored and elated to share this amazing honor with my Tres Chic Style readers.
To VOTE for me for Woman of the Year, click HERE.
DIY projects are the perfect time filler for a lazy Saturday, a snow day activity or an amazing way to tap into your creative side.
If you're a fabulous reader of this blog you're quite aware of my affinity for accessories. My love of jewlery has taken over just about every drawer, dresser and counter in my bedroom, closet, bathroom and even my laundry room at times.... I LOVE jewelry!
As we're moving towards Spring (all be it slowly, but moving), we get the hankering to organize and snatch things into place. I dicovered a few chic jewelry organzing DIY's and of course I wanted to share....
Glass Cloche: We've spied these glass domed beauties at Homegoods and Marshalls. Often times reserved for delectable desserts and treats. Cloches instantly up the ante on glamour and deliver a chic addition to any room. Stash your favorite arm candy, earrings or rings inside and you're all set!
Muffin Pans: Who knew your bakeware could double as an organizer. With an array of styles to choose from these days, you can spray paint, bedazzle or simply drop your trinkets in and Voila..... DIY Genius!