Christmas is in the air, I can almost taste it..........
The holidays have arrived and with it brings reasons to celebrate with family and friends. Here are some basic tips for entertaining for the holidays:
- Be sure to plan ahead, let guests know the date of your party, as the holidays get booked really quick.
- Make your front porch and walkway warm and inviting with a big wreath lit up with tiny white lights.
- Dress up your table with a beautiful fabric tablecloth.
- Add a centerpiece with pillar candles.
- Serve finger foods, such as, cheese balls and crackers, mini quiches, Thai Wings, and the like.
- Play soothing Christmas music in the background. (We all love those chipmunks but let's just hold off for this event.....)
- Light candles in scents of cinnamon and sugar cookie. (Make sure to keep a close eye on them if little ones are around.)
- Serve homemade egg nog or hot cocoa.
- Have Christmas movies on hand to keep the kids entertained.
- Take photos of guests to later create a holiday scrapbook album.
- Play board games and cards.
Last but not least, make sure to take time to enjoy your guests and have a good time.