I prefer a hand written note versus a hallmark card any day. Note Cards are special ways to relay messages, congratulations, encouragement and ultimately express gratitude.
I'm absolutely smitten with Hi-Heeled Designs gorgeous notecards, invitations and personalized stationery that you can find at your local Marshalls or TJ Maxx Stores for around $4-$6.
This season why not send a handwritten note card or opt for the usual holiday greeting card. Whatever you desire to send or not send please, please do not send those dreadful singing, animated e-cards......Extremely Tacky & Cheap.
MAC's Kids Helping Kids cards feature 12 holiday cards and envelopes created by children for the Kids Helping Kids program. Every purchase will benefit Pediatric AIDS. MAC, $6.00
Historic Patterns set of 8 cards and envelopes $12.00, B Designs
Here are a few Note Card tips:
- Select the finest pen you have, preferably a roller ball pen instead of a ballpoint pen.
- Make sure to write the name of the recipient in the salutation.
- Include a personal message in a card for a close friend or relative.
- Refer to the occasion, the gift or simply your relationship.
- Consider including the lines of an appropriate poem, quote or song to give the card a special message.