As we wind down the last unofficial weekend of summer, I wish you all fabulous holiday weekend and best wishes for a wonderful Autumn season.........
Shop: Tres Chic Boutique End-of-Summer Sale Soiree
When: Saturday August 30, 2008
Where: Zion Gallery
152 MacDonough St.(Between Marcus Garvey Blvd. & Throop Ave.)
Brooklyn, NY 11216
Why: Designer clothing and accessories marked up to 90% off retail prices. There will be special deals and clearance pricing on all merchandise.
Go See: The West Indian Day Carnival Association Labor Day Parade
When: Monday September 1, 208
Where: The parade route begins at the corner of Rochester & Eastern Parkway and ends near Grand Army Plaza
Why: This is the largest carnival celebration in the United States. Join Ms. Tres Chic and about 3 million other carnival revelers as we Jump Up and Play Mas. I will be on the SUNY Downstate Medical Center float this year as we wind down Eastern Parkway. Come out and celebrate with us in the spirit of Carnival!!!
This was my little one last year at Carnival.... (He can't wait for Monday)
- Come out early, the parade gets bigger each year with over 2 million participants on the Parkway. Police crowd barriers make it difficult to walk around, so you should find a good spot early where you can see clearly.
- Dress comfortably and wear comfortable shoes. People will be stepping on your toes so open toe sandals are not recommended.
- Drink plenty of water, the sun gets really hot and you can get easily dehydrated.
- Bring your flag! Represent your country with your national flag, Don't be the one left out...
- Get plenty of rest, for those who are going to J'Ouvert the night before, playing mas, or both, it is imperative to get enough rest before going on the Parkway. People have suffered from exhaustion and dehydration in the past.
See You On The Parkway.........