Are you still recovering from the stress of the holiday season?? Need a lil' lift from the winter blues....Well, if a Swedish massage, hot stone massage or water treatment suits your fancy you may be in need of a spa day!!!
And because fashionistas struggle to keep it together while looking fabulous & chic, I've compiled a few tips courtesy of the snazzy folks at ShopSmart (March 2009) to guide through your fabulous Spa fix in this tight economy.
- Call spas and ask, ‘What specials are you offering?’ Inquire about off-season deals, cost-cutting packages, specials for new clients and whether certain days or times are cheaper than others. And don’t be afraid to admit that you’re looking for a deal.
- Try chain massage stores. The décor usually isn’t too fancy and chains are prone to staffing turnover, but the savings can be big. Massage Envy, for example, has more than 500 storefront locations nationwide and employs only certified therapists. As a member, you get one monthly massage for $49 to $59 per month (depending on location) with additional massages that month costing $39 to $49 each.
- Visit Spa schools. Most cosmetology and massage therapy schools offer a student spa/salon or clinic where treatments are done under the supervision of instructors at a fraction of the price. Search the Web sites of the American Association of Cosmetology Schools (http://www.careersinbeauty.org/) or the American Massage Therapy Association (http://www.amtamassage.org/).
- Consider Costco! The discount warehouse sells two $50 SpaFinder gift certificates for $79.99, a 20 percent savings, which can be used for treatments (including discounted ones) at any spa in the SpaFinder network.
- Search the Web. Sites like Spafinder.com, Spamagazine.com, Lifebooker.com, SpaWeek.org and Spa-addicts.com post special deals. At Google, type in your city name and “spa discount” to find promotions, or sign up for your favorite spa’s e-mail alerts on specials.
- Buy in bulk. You might be able to purchase a series of treatments—say, six for the price of five—to be used within a specified amount of time. Some spas offer a frequent-user card and the 10th visit is free.
- Ask about product deals. As spas make the transition from one season to another or change product lines, they often offer specials. These types of specials are here one day and gone the next, and they aren’t posted online, so call the front desk to ask.
Don't forget to check out the March issue of ShopSmart magazine for additional money saving tips on closet organization, fashion, lifestyle and more.......
And remember, Spa Finder offers a comprehensive listing of spas including day spas, vacation spas, medical spas, and spa treatments across the globe.
If your in the New York City area this weekend and craving a Spa fix Body by Brooklyn Day Spa & Lounge has created a dynamic offering that will allow you to relax, rejuvenate and enjoy the big game on Super Bowl Sunday!!!!
To celebrate the biggest game of the year, Body by Brooklyn Spa & Lounge will be hosting their first ever Super Bowl Party equipped with food, a full bar, and all the relaxing amenities our luxurious spa has to offer. Guests will be able to enjoy the spa’s unique treatments and services while still getting all the perks of any Super Bowl party!
When: Sunday February 1, 2009
Where: 275 Park Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11205
Time: 5 -10 PM
Cost: $54 per person