Chic Tips for the Wedding Recessionista....
June brings a few chic things... the official segway into summer, long days at the beach, the end of prom season and fabulous June weddings....
The economy may be in a slump but the weddings will march on! There are a myriad of Bridal sites dedicated to assisting couples with budget savvy tips for the big day. From the catering bills , cake fees and honeymoon Brides are now being dressed in white and in debt!! The lackluster economy has cast a shadow on the start of the wedding season and has forced couples to cut guest lists, haggle on dress prices and even postepone the date.
This week we've decide to post a few ideas on how to trim your wedding cost from the dress to the cake...we've got you covered!!
- Bridal Outlet Stores-Find the nearest outlet store in your area. If it's a long drive, make a road trip with your mom and your bridesmaids and have an awesome shopping day. The money you save on gowns, veils, shoes, bridesmaid dresses, and accessories could make this trip well worth the time and gas.
- Bridal Rentals- Men have been getting away with renting their own tuxes for years, so why can't women rent their dresses? More and more brides and bridesmaids are choosing this option, so look in local bridal magazines and call bridal shops to find out where this option is available near you .
- Shop Sample Sales and Search the Internet- If you wear a 6, 8, or 10, check out sample sales, which generally happen once a year. It's a great opportunity to get a designer dress at rock-bottom prices. You can also look on eBay, Craigslist and other websites for deals on wedding dresses. Search, search, search, until you find it on sale. You can find the real designer dresses as much as 50% off, and the designer replicas far cheaper than that.
- Master the Art of Bargaining- It's a recession and retailers do not want to get stuck with merchandise at the end of the day. What few people realize is that the wedding market is marked up substantially and vendors are willing to negotiate to make the sale.
- Ebay- Ebay features an endless list of wedding dresses both used, and new. You can even set up alerts and Ebay will email you any time a new dress is listed. Start early enough and you are sure to find your dream dress at a fraction of the price. Make sure you buy from a reputable seller and be aware of the return policy in case something is not exactly right.