Get Ready... Get Set...
Tomorrow marks the beginning of NY Fashion Week as well as the long awaited Fashion's Night Out!
In the United States, American Vogue has joined with NYC & Company, the City of New York, and the Council of Fashion Designers of America to enliven again the consumer spirit that churns the economy and boosts the local industry of America’s fashion capital, New York City. Next only to finance, fashion is the second-largest sector of industry in New York City—the headquarters of more than 800 fashion companies employing 175,000 people and generating $10 billion in total wages.
The first evening of New York Fashion Week, Fashion's Night Out will encompass festivities galore— from inventive window displays to model and celebrity appearances. Champagne may flow; hors d'oeuvres may be passed. Rumors of musical performances, downtown barbecues, shoe capsules, limited-edition rings, and sweepstakes abound. Apparently there will be makeovers, brow bars, and haircut stations at sundry spots, too.Fashion’s Night Out Events- Thursday September 10th
- alice + olivia: The alice + olivia bryant park boutique will be transformed into a photo studio where modeling hopefuls will have a chance to compete for one of the coveted spots in the always over the top alice + olivia fashion week presentation the following week. Attendees will be treated to professional hair and make up as well as wardrobe styling before posing in front of photographer Brian Boulos’ camera. Hopefuls’ photos will be posted on the alice + olivia website where a winner, to be chosen by designer Stacey Bendet and Cheri Bowen, Senior Booker from Marilyn Agency, will be announced the following day.
- Hanky Panky: Customize Your Hanky Panky Thong at Lord & Taylor NYC. Hanky Panky has signed on for Fashion's Night Out with a thong customization event at Lord &Taylor. Choose from an array of rhinestone letters, hearts and peace signs. Purchase $60 worth of Hanky Panky and receive up to 5 characters on your thong free of charge. Customization begins at 6:00pm in the Lingerie Department on the 8th floor and will be available while supplies last.
- Havaianas: Havaianas, the world’s most comfortable Brazilian flip-flops, teamed up with designer ADAM who designed exclusive Havaianas sandals for his Mercedes Fashion Week Spring 2010 show. A limited edition pair of Havaianas with a custom charm – the same as those included in the ADAM giftbag for guests of the runway show – will be sold in the ADAM Meatpacking District store for one night only to commemorate the collaboration. Proceeds will go towards the 9/11 Fund.
- Judith Ripka: Join contemporary designer and face of this season's Judith Ripka advertising campaign, Shoshanna Gruss, at the Judith Ripka store for a sneak peek at the Shoshanna Holiday and Resort collections. Enjoy champagne, light snacks and a complimentary manicure with Essie polish while getting expert advice from the designer herself on how to dress for your body type. One lucky attendee will win a $500 shopping spree at the Shoshanna Showroom.
- Kooba: Meet Kooba Creative Director Abbe Held at Saks Fifth Avenue for Fashion Night Out. Held will be on the 5st floor working hand in hand with Rihanna’s stylist to meet and greet Kooba fans, offer fashion advice and help style their looks upon request.
- Laura Mercier: The Laura Mercier counters in Saks, Bergdorf Goodman, Henri Bendel and Bloomingdale’s will be hosting “Lash Out” events where consumers can receive complimentary lash application with a lash purchase.
- Lilly Pulitzer: The Lilly Pulitzer design team with be at the 1020 Madison Avenue location designing custom prints with a purchase of $500.00 or more. The store will also be distributing printed playing cards with a purchase of $250.00 or more.
- Molton Brown: Molton Brown will bring a little bit of London to the Big Apple to celebrate the launch of the new men’s range. All Molton Brown emporia will be transformed into British pubs where pints of British Ales will be served along with traditional salted snacks.
- Oscar Blandi Salon: The Oscar Blandi Salon will offer an exclusive Blowout Lessons and Bellinis Master Class at 9pm. This service teaches clients the necessary skills to style and maintain the look of a salon blowout at home. Customers can sign up in advance to participate. Bellini’s, champagne and hors d’oeuvres will be served.
- ReVive Skincare: At the ReVive counter at Saks Fifth Avenue, top ReVive skin-care expert and facialist Teresa Celsa will host the “Get the Glow Head to Toe” event, where she will be on hand to give complimentary skin-care consultations and mini facials. In addition, the event will feature a masseuse giving mini massages for the hands, neck, shoulders, and arms. Shoppers will also be eligible to receive a complimentary 1 oz. Moisturizing Renewal Cream at a value of $95 with the purchase of a full-size Moisturizing Renewal Cream for the face and a Moisturizing Renewal Cream for the body.
- Shoshanna: Designer Shoshanna Gruss will make a personal appearance at Saks Fifth Avenue for Fashion Night Out. Visit the 4th floor at 7:00pm for Shoshanna’s expert advice on how to dress for the fall season and enjoy ballroom dancing, music and complimentary beverages while you shop her newest collection.
- Nine West: Snag a $50 Nine West Gift Card by being one of the first 99 people to donate a gently pair of used shoes to various Nine West locations at 6pm.