First things first... Just because you've entered the Mommy Club doesn't mean all sense of style must be abandoned. Sweats and Crocs should never become a wardrobe staple... under any circumstances! Mommies have the toughest, yet most rewarding careers on the planet. I've decided to dedicate this post to all the mommies.. new, old, fashion savvy or fashion needy.
- Shop well... Forgo trendy items and purchase timeless classic pieces that you can pull out for a last minute dinner date or an after-work function.
- Determine what works well with your body type... Leggings are NOT for everyone!
- Learn the accessory game... A haute pair of shades or a statement necklace can transform a jeans & baby tee day into a fabulous ensemble!
- Invest in great outerwear... A great coat is the key essential to effortless style!
- Skip the tennis shoes and opt for a cutesy ballerina flat for everyday...
- Develop a morning beauty routine.. Cleanse, moisturize and dab some concealer/powder, gloss & go!
Toss those dated mommy jeans...
- Head to the mall with the kids... No explanation needed!
- Leave the house in baggy sweats.. Ever!
- Assume that pajama top works well with jeans
- Forget to invest in undergarments.. Spanx is a mommy's BFF!
- Skimp on the extras... A stylish headband, stylish bangle or ponytail holder makes all the difference!
- Crowd your handbag with toys & trinkets.. Your stylish tote will become worn and you'll begin to treat it as such!
- Look at fashion magazines and wonder any longer... Get out there and work it!