Skip to main content
Chic Thanksgiving Traveling Tips....
- Packing-First things first, just because your going to see family, doesn't mean you can't look good. Pack a few must have items of clothing to accentuate a glam look. You never know when your married cousin will invite that cute single co-worker. Who knows, maybe you'll be back for Valentine's Day with him as your date...
- Skip the Cheap Travel (unless it's a last minute getaway to Maui), Many airlines offer big bargains for flights on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day. You might save a bundle, but there is little worse than spending your holiday in the event of a delay at the airport. You'll be forced to spend the holiday with a bunch of airline employees and other passengers who don't want to be there either...........
- Leave the drama at home....... yes we all know Uncle Jr. drinks too much at the dinner table and Aunt Bea gossips too much, but just suck it up for Turkey Day.....
- Empty all your pockets and make sure those stiletto boots are outfitted with cute socks/tights for the random screening check. (Feet Up Please...)
- Do not attempt to carry wrapped gifts in your carry-on. TSA officials may ask you to unwrap them.......Better yet, security agents might be opening your gifts instead of your loved ones, and you'll be wrapping them all over again.
- Remove the batteries from toys and electronic items will save you many hassles at check-in and security.
- Remember that 3oz. rule, no liquids larger than 3oz. and don't forget the Ziploc bag. Do not get into an altercation with the TSA agent when she takes your 8oz bottle of Bath & Body Works and tosses it.......she is just doing her job (and will probably be smelling nice too courtesy of you). All your fault, you should have read my Favorite Holiday Things post and you would've known better.
- Carry your laptop so you can get your daily dose of Tres Chic Style... And share the blog with your cousin Claire, because you know she still has an affection for spandex..... *Tee-Hee*
- Stop at Target (because magazines are always 20% off at Target) and pick up the latest copies of your favorite Fashion Magazines.
- As always, a fashionista must be pampered before the trip, Do the hair/nails & pedicure ritual before you leave so you can spend that precious time with family.
- While on the plane, jot down at least 5 things in your life your thankful for. At the end of the flight tuck the list in your bag and if anybody works your nerves during the holiday go to the list and it'll help you realize what really matters..... Happy Holidays!