Online Shopping Tips:
1) Check for Promotional Codes: Always check for a coupon or promotional code online before checking out. Finding a discount code Web site through your favorite search engine only takes a few seconds and could save your family anything from free shipping to 50 percent off or more.
2) Compare Prices: If you know the exact product you want to purchase, it pays to visit several online retailers to compare prices. Some Web sites can help shoppers find the best price by providing a list of online stores in a particular category.
3) Pay with Credit Card: Security of credit card information is a top concern when shopping online. In general, it is far safer to use a credit card than a debit card. Most debit cards do not offer the same level of protection as a credit card does when making an online purchase.
4) Review Carefully: Always take time to review the final checkout screen. Be sure to confirm that your order reflects the correct items, quantities and pricing before you click “submit.”
6) Sideline Sales Tax: Some merchants are required to collect sales taxes in your state, while others may not. It can save you money to check several online retailers if the merchant you are about to purchase from wants to charge sales tax.
7) Beware of Shipping & Handling Fees: Pay close attention to shipping charges. Some retailers make up for their “low” prices by padding the shipping fees, so be sure you are getting the lowest possible overall price.
Barry Boone is owner and founder of CurrentCodes.com, a Web site clearinghouse for promotional codes that directs shoppers to timely bargains and discount codes.