Oscar Hair Tips Courtesy of Fabian Lliguin...
RED CARPET TO REALITY
Noted Stylist Provides Tips to Achieve Oscar-Winning Style
At Sunday’s Academy Awards, fashion sparkled and the hair took center stage. Noted stylist and founder of Rahua haircare, Fabian Lliguin has noticed his clients asking for Reese Witherspoon’s retro glam pony, Amy Adams’ ultra-feminine waves and Scarlett Johansson’s sexy tousled locks. Here, he shares his no-fail tips for celebrity style at home:
- On damp hair, begin by applying a soft hold spray (like Rahua’s Voluminous Hair Spray) to the roots to create volume and a dab of finishing treatment to the ends to lock in moisture.
- After blowing hair dry, comb straight back towards the crown of your head and secure in a tight ponytail using a band the same color as the natural hair.
- Brush the hair in the pony smooth with a soft paddle brush and massage the ends to give additional shine.
- Spray hair with water so that it is damp but not sopping, and begin by drying the roots of your hair only.
- Next, pull out your round brush and dry ends. Once hair is completely dry, set into medium sized curlers or use a 2” barrel curling iron to create curl.
- Brush out with a soft paddle brush to loosen the curl. Create a defined side part, tuck hair on that side behind the ear and finish with a lose hold spray.
- Wash hair thoroughly with a natural shampoo to restore oil balance (Rahua’s shampoo). Once hair is clean, tip head over and blast roots with a dryer until completely dry, leaving the ends semi-damp.
- Bring head upright and pull one to two inch pieces of hair aside. Twist or braid and bind at bottoms with bobby pins or clips so they hold their shape. Spray with a soft hold finishing hair spray and allow them to rest until completely dry (if you’re in a hurry you can use your blow-dryer here on low heat).
- Once hair is dry, remove the binding and run your fingers through your hair to soften the style and provide the “just-out-of-bed” look.
For additional information or more tips from Fabian: www.rahua.com